• 1949 – My grandfather commenced working with wire as an apprentice.
• 1961 – He began to work more specifically producing wire products, of which we still make a vast array to this day.
• 1970 – My father joined my grandfather and they commenced their own wire product manufacturing business in Fitzroy.
DIVERSIFICATION INTO CHAIN
• 1980 – We moved the operation to larger premises in East Keilor, where our first chain machine was purchased and installed. Within 5 years we had grown modestly by a further 4 machines, making mainly jack chains and pre assembled hanging basket chains.
• 1987 – We again moved the chain operation to new larger premises.
• 1990 – We acquired the Able Cooke chain plant, increasing our range dramatically to include knotted (coil), chandelier, picture frame and more jack chains.
• 1993 – We acquired a ball chain machine and also began importing some chains from overseas.
• 1994 – We again required more room to house the ever expanding chain business and once again moved to larger premises.
• 1995 – Within less than one year, the company was again out growing its premises and we undertook a major company restructuring and disposed of much redundant equipment.
• 2001 – We installed a modern and complete chain plant from Germany and also acquired the jewellery chain plant from Austral Chains here in Melbourne.
• 2003 – In the final year of my tertiary studies, I joined the company. During that same year we also increased the range of imported chains, to the point where we now manufacture, import and distribute a vast range of commercial, decorative and jewellery chains and accessories throughout Australia.
Our chain business has continued to grow to the point, where it has now become the main focus of our operation. We hope we can be of some assistance to you with your requirements of either chain or wire products. Please contact us, we will try our best to help you.